uhlsport is a German sporting goods manufacturer

20 May 2021

Herefordshire FA County Challenge Cup
Hereford Lads Club  4 Westfields 2

Hereford Lads Club beat Westfields 4-2 in an enthralling cup final at Edgar Street the home of Hereford FC and picking up the Herefordshire County Challenge Cup for the first time since 1974.
Lads club as usual did it the hard way by conceding an early goal with a deep cross being turned into his own goal by Sam Plane.
Lads club responded with an Adam Hockey cross being headed by Olly Price into Sarkodie in the Westfields goal's chest.
Lads Club leveled when a hockey free-kick was spilled by Sarkodie and Tom Bendall was sharp enough to put the loose ball into the top corner of the net.
Another blow for Lads club when Kalum Wildig picked up an early injury and manager Danny Moon having to rearrange the back four.
A quality through ball by Tom Dawson put the dangerous hockey in on goal and with the keeper coming out curled it into the far corner of the Westfields net.
Hereford Lads Club 2021 Hereford FA county cup winnersJust before half time Ben Miller had the chance to equalize when through on goal but hit his shot low and wide.
The second half saw lads club pick up an early goal when a hockey corner went straight in after Sarkodie was left flapping at thin air.
Westfields King Baidoo saw an effort from outside the box go close but just past the upright.
Hockey brought a save out of Sarkodie with a long range shot.
Baidoo had another shot but was well saved by Bell. Westfields were pushing and had numerous shots blocked by Liam Jones and Jamie Cuthbertson in the heart of lads clubs defence.
Another great tackle this time by Jordan Burke nullified another Westfields attack, but then a cheap foul on the edge of the box gave Westfields a free-kick in a dangerous position.
The resulting free-kick was cleared by Burke's head , but the referee believed it hit his hand and gave a penalty.
Substitute Richard Greaves stepped up and placed his penalty towards the corner only to see bell pull off a fantastic save.
With seven minutes to go a well worked goal ended up with Baidoo turning and placing his shot into the bottom corner of the net.
Another cheap freekick this time to Lads Club was taken by Hockey and his shot was again spilled by Sarkodie which let in lads club substitute James Hancocks to finish from 2 yards out.
A fantastic game of football considering the weather conditions and a fully deserve win for Hereford Lads Club

Bateman's Sports Division Two Cup

Malvern Town Development 3 Cricklade Town Reserves 2
There was a fantastic sight as supporters were allowed back inside the HDANYWHERE Community Stadium as the Malvern Town Development team took on Cricklade Town Reserves in the quarter-final of the Batemans (President’s) Challenge Cup.












We had a great start to the game when we took the lead after 35 seconds when some crisp passing ended with Joe Bullock finished well. We moved the ball around well for the next 15-20 minutes but couldn't get the second goal. We started to get sloppy in our play, giving the ball away far too easy and giving our visitors too much room. A sloppy backpass was seized upon by our opponents to level matters but we managed to regain the lead before the half-time interval when Nathan Chowns Higgs did well to find the net from 40 yards out.

The second half was a midfield battle and with 55 minutes on the clock, we were reduced to ten men when Ben Febery saw red. It meant that we had to weather a storm as our opponents stepped up the pressure in search of a route back into the game and we had to defend resolutely.

Then, with the move of the game, Bullock picked up the ball on the half-way line before beating his marker and feeding Hayward whose cross put the chance on a plate for Ameer Khan in front of goal and he made no mistake. As the clock ticked down, our opponents were able to pull a goal back to set up a tense finale which we managed to come through to secure the victory.

“Overall I was pleased with the performance,” said manager, Peter Daffin. “We lost our way midway through the first half and gave the ball away really cheaply, but this was addressed at half-time.  The lads dug deep after the red card and stuck to the task asked of them. Joe Bullock was outstanding with great vision and some surging runs at our opponents and capped a very good game with a well-taken goal. We go again on Saturday when we travel to Hungerford in the semi-finals of this competition to take on Kintbury Rangers.

“Would like to thank all spectators who came to support the players; it was great to get a good crowd in to the stadium and your backing was much appreciated.”